Friday 7 December 2012

SLEEPING AWAY


‘Sleep and indolence are not cousins of a good harvest’


Sleep is good because it is required to maintain and sustain a healthy body, but it becomes a problem when it is attached with indolence. An indolent farmer is a lazy farmer and a lazy farmer is not just any farmer who sleeps or a farmer who enjoys sleeping; he is the man who sleeps when he is supposed to be working in the farm.

Our ancestors usually believe that sleep and indolence do not make a good harvest. Any farmer who expects a bountiful harvest is not expected to spend most of his time sleeping. Yes, there is always a right time to sleep. No man can cheat nature; when nature calls, you can’t but obey.

Sleep is expected to come as a result of the extensive energy exerted into wok, so when you are tired after doing a strenuous work, you need to sleep in order to relax your nerves. A man who wishes to be great, effective and relevant in life ought not to choose sleep as his hobby. If you want to achieve what other people fail to achieve, you need to do what other people usually fail to do. A farmer that expects the biggest harvest needs to know that he has to spend more time in planning and working towards the harvest than many other farmers. Until you have accomplished your principal goals in life, you are not expected to sleep and work like every other person, then expect an outstanding result.

Genuinely great people are not those who sleep over their goals and ideas in life, they are the few ones whose goals and ideas cannot make them to sleep easily. Whatever you cannot sacrifice some sleep to plan or do in life is not really worth having. People who often plan while others are sleeping and work while others are slumbering usually achieve greater things while others are still sleeping. If you think, plan and work ahead of your competitors or colleagues, you will eventually have enough time to sleep and even achieve more things while you are asleep.

Don’t be lazy; lazy people joke with their future, they exchange the comfort that is reserved for their old age with the hard work designed for today. So, instead of them to relax and enjoy the fruits of their labor at old age, they end up laboring for the mistakes they made in their youthful days. If you want to live a fulfilled life, you need to control the way you sleep and avoid being indolent. May you never sleep away in life!

Don't start your day without a word from the ancestors...remember, a word is enough for the wise. Sign up with us for a daily feed. Follow @our_ancestors on twitter, email: wordsofourancestors@gmail.com. or call 08180458852. May your days be plenty!

6 comments:

  1. Am Olami. I tink sleep shud neva be a hobby 4 any person who has a dream(s) 2 accomplish in life. 2me dats laziness. Most pple who faild 2 work at dere youth usually do d most tedious job at dere old age e.g digging d well, nightguard. Kudos 2d anscestors 4dis post. I believe 4me 2 enjoy n reach my dreams 2moro, I must sacrifice n suffer 2day. I must nt be sleepn wen am supposed 2b workn 2ward my dreams. Thks.
    08065245299.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you WOA. Your words are always true,short and concise.What moves me mostly from ur word today is d fact that many people sleep away their youthful age and start labouring at old age when they re suppose to enjoy their labour.me and my household will never fall victim. It is good to work hard now when we have the strenfgt to do so. May we never sleep away our lives.
    Oluwatoyin
    08034798926

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you sir for today's word. Like the bible said, a little sleep and a little folding of the hands and poverty shall come. I learnt not to give sleep to my eyelids until I have achieved my set goals in life.
    I appreciate today's word.
    Blessing
    08121031171

    ReplyDelete
  4. My take home from today's word is that the heights attained by great men was not achieved by sudden flight but they achieved all they had by working when their mates were snoring. I learnt from today's write up that Sleep is an enemy of success.
    Thank you.
    Oluwaseun
    07030709758

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think today's word is for me.Thank you very much our ancestors for waking me up from slumbering.Remain blessed.
    Betty
    08151003966

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our ancestors, thank you for bringing to my remembrance on regular basis that which daily toil of life tends to make me forget.
    I learnt from today's write up that I should not rest until I have attained my set goals. I also learnt that the road to success in life requires a lot of sacrifice which include not giving sleep to my eyes until the set end has been achieved.
    May the Lord continue to give you more wisdom to always bring these words to our remembrance.Amen.
    Samuel.
    08025782402

    ReplyDelete