Friday 30 November 2012

A GIANT ANT-HILL

‘An ant-hill that is destined to become a giant ant-hill will definitely become one, no matter how many times it is destroyed by elephants’


An ant-hill, in its simplest form is a pile of earth, sand or clay that build up at the entrance of the subterranean dwellings of ant colonies as they are excavated. It is usually built and maintained by legions of worker-ants that carry tiny bits of dirt and pebbles in their mandibles and deposit them near the exit of the colony.

There are some ant-hills and there are some giant ant-hills. Many natural challenges usually hinder an ordinary ant-hill from becoming a giant. So, it takes only an extra ordinary, special or destined ant-hill to survive the natural struggle and challenges on its way to becoming a giant ant-hill. Our ancestors believe that any ant-hill that is destined to become a giant ant-hill will definitely become one, no matter how many times it is destroyed by elephants.

Also in life, there are some people and there are some great people. It is only the common or ordinary people who believe, understand and acknowledge that they are destined to be great who will eventually become great in life. The zeal to pursue your dreams and your ability to challenge your challenges today, guarantee your greatness tomorrow. It is either you choose to die as a common man or as a great man. When difficult challenges afflict people in life, it is only the special ones who are destined by nature that will survive and overcome the challenges to become great.

No matter what happens to you today, no matter how many times you have failed in life, if you are destined to become the giant ant-hill in your family, career, profession, society or in anything you do; someday, sometime, somehow, you will definitely see yourself on top of your troubles, afflictions, challenges, competitors or critics. No matter how the elephant in your life tries to destroy or discourage you from becoming a giant ant-hill, you will surely get there someday. May you not die without discovering your portion of greatness in life.
Don't start your day without a word from the ancestors...remember, a word is enough for the wise. Sign up with us for a daily feed. Follow @our_ancestors on twitter or email: wordsofourancestors@gmail.com. May your days be plenty!

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for today's word. My take home from today's word is that no matter the adversity I might face in life, I am destined for success. I will get to the top irrespective of the elephants on my way to the top.
    Toyin
    08034798926

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our ancestors, thank you for this timely piece. Lesson learnt for me is that though there might be opposition on my way to the top, I should not mind them. I should be tenacious and focused on my goals. I appreciate this piece. Refreshing and encouraging as always.
    Oluwaseun
    07030709758

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ancestors, may your days be plenty. May you attain your desired heights in life. I learnt the place of focus and determination in this piece. Just like the biblical Sanbalat and Tobiat tried to stop Nehemiah and he did not mind them. I will not mind any opposition on my way to the top.
    Betty.
    08151003966

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today's word taught me the place of tenacity and determination on the road to success. There might be distractions and opposition on the road to success, I am still destined for success and I will attain my place in life.
    Ibukun
    08121031171

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today's word of the ancestors taught me that determination, perseverance and hard work can actually lead me to where I am destined to reach.
    No matter the weather, if I am determined to reach my goal and I work hard enough, I will definitely reach it.
    -Ann(08186453903)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greetings! Very useful advice within this article! It is the little changes that produce the largest
    changes. Many thanks for sharing!

    My web-site: seo video marketing

    ReplyDelete